Places to visit
- Acton Scott Historic Working Farm, near Church Stretton, demonstrates life on a Shropshire upland farm at the turn of the last century. Recently shown on BBC TV's 'Victorian Farm'.
- Sabrina Boat, Shrewsbury. Sailing from Victoria Quay daily, a delightful 40 minute river cruise with Captain's commentary.
- The Shropshire Hills Discovery Centre, Craven Arms. The perfect place to start exploring the Shropshire Hills. Hear the stories of this varied landscape, its people & places, and its history & heritage
Areas of Interest
- The Long Mynd in Shropshire, England, is a part of the Shropshire Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Enjoy one of the many walks and a picnic on the moor - keep an eye out for the grouse and wild horse! Or for the more adventurous why not try paragliding
- The Stiperstones, near Bishops Castle is a distinctive hill in the county of Shropshire. It is a quartzite ridge formed some 480 million years ago
Castles & Museums
- Ironbridge Gorge Museum Trust is an industrial heritage organisation which runs ten museums and manages 35 historic sites within the Ironbridge Gorge in Shropshire, England, widely considered as the birthplace of the Industrial Revolution.
- Royal Airforce Museum Cosford, Shifnal. FREE Admission. The award winning Royal Air Force Museum Cosford houses one of the largest aviation collections in the United Kingdom. 70 historic aircraft are displayed in three wartime hangars and within the National Cold War Exhibition.
- Powys Castle & Garden, A 12th Century Castle and home to the finest collection of paintings and furniture in Wales.
- Ludlow Castle. Construction of Ludlow Castle began in the late 11th Century as the border stronghold of one of the Marcher Lords, Roger De Lacy. Walk the paths taken by knights and kings. explore the towers, halls and cubbyholes of the castle in our 360° immersive tour
- Estivals, Country Spa Retreat, Cleobury Mortimer. Relax and be pampered with a wide range of exclusive beauty treatments at this country spa retreat in the stunning South Shropshire hills.
- Teme Spa Ludlow. The Spa is set in a tranquil environment where our heat and water oasis offers guests a deeply relaxing experience.
Food & Drink
The Ludlow Food Centre is a unique food shopping experience where farming, food production and retailing infuse together to create a very special environment. Passionate about local food which is why 80% of the food we sell comes from Shropshire and the surrounding counties. The Food Centre is designed to not only sell food but to produce it and half of our products are made on the premises in kitchen units that surround the food hall.
Award Winning Market, Ludlow Market has operated on the same site for over 900 years and continues to offer shoppers a fantastic choice of products from small and artisan producers and sellers.
Apley Farm Shop, Cafe and Playbarn, Bridgenorth. Using quality ingredients from our own estate & unearthing the finest foods our community of local farmers & producers have to offer, we give you the opportunity to taste, discover & enjoy the finest foods from our region.