Adventure & Sport
- There is an outdoor childrens park in the nearby village of Clun and an indoor playbarn (Micky Millers) 10 miles away that is suitable of children aged from 1 to 14.
- Swimming pools, Badminton and Squash Courts, Fitness Suites and Suana and Spa Facilities are available in Bishops Castle, Church Stretton and Ludlow (Teme Leisure). Tennis Courts are available for hire in Bishops Castle.
- Kinsham Raceway, Presteigne. The West Midlands Premier outdoor go carting circuit, 900 meters long!
- The Adventure Rope Course, Shrewsbury is a 17 metre Activity Tower with LOTS of adrenalin-fuelled challenges attached to it.
Fun for the Family
- West Midland Safari Park, Bewdley. Enjoy a wild day out in our 4 mile drive through safari park and over 25 thrill rides in our theme park.
- Royal Airforce Museum Cosford, Shifnal. FREE Admission. The award winning Royal Air Force Museum Cosford houses one of the largest aviation collections in the United Kingdom. 70 historic aircraft are displayed in three wartime hangars and within the National Cold War Exhibition.
- Sabrina Boat, Shrewsbury. Sailing from Victoria Quay daily 11am - 4pm on the hour, a delightful 40 minute river cruise with Captain's commentary.
- Hoo Farm Animal Kingdom, Telford, is a clean, friendly farm that appeals to all ages and offers close contact with over 120 different species of animals from fluffy yellow chicks and baby lambs to Servals, Otters, Meerkats and Lemurs
- Parkside Countryside Experience, Oswestry. National award winning farm park with oodles of animal fun, action and adventure for the kids
- Rays Farm Country Matters, Bridgenorth. See unusual farm animals and birds in beautiful woodland setting. Large owl and deer collection. Coffee, Gift and Craft shop. Woodland walks. Sculpture trail.
The History of Shropshire
- The Shropshire Hills Discovery Centre, Craven Arms. The perfect place to start exploring the Shropshire Hills. Hear the stories of this varied landscape, its people & places, and its history & heritage
- Acton Scott Historic Working Farm, near Church Stretton, demonstrates life on a Shropshire upland farm at the turn of the last century. Recently shown on BBC TV's 'Victorian Farm'.
- Ludlow Castle. Construction of Ludlow Castle began in the late 11th Century as the border stronghold of one of the Marcher Lords, Roger De Lacy. Walk the paths taken by knights and kings. explore the towers, halls and cubbyholes of the castle in our 360° immersive tour
- Croft Castle, Leominster. In the heart of Herefordshire countryside surrounded by 1500 acres of historic woodland, farm and parkland. Take a stroll through the parkland up to the Iron Age hill fort for far reaching views including the Brecon beacons or follow one of the woodland trails and find over 300 veteran trees along the way, tackle the Orienteering course or let the little ones go wild in the natural and mini castle play areas.
- Powys Castle is a medieval castle, fortress and grand country mansion located near the town of Welshpool. It includes children's quiz/trail and giant games on the great lawn